Vice President (VP) M&A
DG Group is a leading China-Europe merchant bank founded by Lin Feng, a former Summit Partners investor and UBS banker. Based in London and Shanghai, we are backed by a group of high-profile investors such as Wind Information (the clear market leading financial data provider in China) and Luolai Home ($1bn+ listed homeware company backed by Carlyle).
Since inception, we have advised and invested in cross-border deals with total deal size of over $3bn, including inbound and outbound deals, pure equity M&A, share-backed debt financing, structured convertible instruments and capital raise deals. For more details on our previous successful deals, please see:
We are specialists in China cross-border M&A, with an extensive network across China’s domestic founders, corporates, investors and business owners. With thorough knowledge of both the Chinese and Western market, we unlock value by identifying areas of unexplored potential between the two regions, investing in and bringing European companies to the Chinese market, identifying suitable Chinese investors and partners for European companies, and helping Western capital enter highly attractive segments of the Chinese market. We focus on the healthcare, TMT, consumer and real estate sectors and work with selected partners across a range of late stage VC and mid/large-cap private equity deals.
- Manage teams of junior bankers, taking responsibility for ensuring tasks are distributed efficiently and work is reviewed and delivered on time to a high quality
- Take responsibility for the messages and analysis presented to clients and other parties on live deals and pitch work
- Take a leading role in the execution of cross-border M&A transactions, including preparation and review of materials, day-to-day client interaction, roadshow organisation, coordination of other advisors, and other tasks
- Take a leading role in the coordination of both juniors and seniors with regard to market analysis and origination projects
- Be prepared to respond quickly to urgent matters on live transactions and high-priority pitch situations outside of normal working hours
- Mentor junior bankers and assist them in their development
- Assist senior bankers in identifying and interviewing candidates as part of the hiring process
- Build relationships with colleagues in other DealGlobe offices and provide support to them as required
- Assisting partners with client sourcing and relationship building
- 6-7 years minimum in IBD, PE, Advisory, Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Management Consulting or Accounting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a numerate discipline
- Attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong M&A deal experience
- Strong sector knowledge is beneficial
- Strong communication, research, commercial awareness and financial modelling skills
- High motivation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to have an independent view and contribute ideas to strategic discussions
- Willingness to operate in a highly entrepreneurial environment, where work may be less structured than in larger organisations, and greater emphasis is placed on proactivity and independent work
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, briefly explaining why you are appropriate for the role and stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.