Investment Associate Intern
DG Group is a leading China-Europe merchant bank founded by Lin Feng, a former Summit Partners investor and UBS banker. Based in London and Shanghai, we are backed by a group of high-profile investors such as Wind Information (the clear market leading financial data provider in China) and Luolai Home ($1bn+ listed homeware company backed by Carlyle).
Since inception, we have advised and invested in cross-border deals with total deal size of over $3bn, including inbound and outbound deals, pure equity M&A, share-backed debt financing, structured convertible instruments and capital raise deals. For more details on our previous successful deals, please see:
We are specialists in China cross-border M&A, with an extensive network across China’s domestic founders, corporates, investors and business owners. With thorough knowledge of both the Chinese and Western market, we unlock value by identifying areas of unexplored potential between the two regions, investing in and bringing European companies to the Chinese market, identifying suitable Chinese investors and partners for European companies, and helping Western capital enter highly attractive segments of the Chinese market. We focus on the healthcare, TMT, consumer and real estate sectors and work with selected partners across a range of late stage VC and mid/large-cap private equity deals.
- Support senior team members on deal sourcing efforts
- Conduct market research utilizing publicly available information and databases
- Take a significant role in the execution of domestic and cross-border investments and M&A transactions, including preparation and review of deal materials and term sheets, day-to-day counter-party interactions, roadshow organisation, coordination of advisors, and other tasks as required
- Create and review of financial models, including LBO models
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and quality of presentations and documentations
- Be prepared to respond quickly to urgent matters on live transactions or other high-priority deal situations outside of normal working hours
- Mentor junior team members and assist them in their development
- Build relationships with colleagues in other DealGlobe offices and provide support to them as required
- 3-4 years minimum in IBD, PE, Financial Advisory, Corporate Finance or Management Consulting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a numerate discipline from a top tier university, MBA is preferred
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Mandarin Chinese
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong M&A deal experience
- Ability to multitask under pressure whilst preserving attention to detail
- Strong communication, research, commercial awareness and financial modelling skills
- High motivation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to have a well-reasoned independent view and contribute ideas to strategic discussions
- Willingness to operate in a highly entrepreneurial environment, where work may be less structured than in larger organisations, and greater emphasis is placed on proactivity and independent work
- Experience of Capital IQ, Mergermarket and Bloomberg beneificial
Please send your CV to email@example.com, briefly explaining why you are appropriate for the role and stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants. Please note that DealGlobe cannot offer visa sponsorship.