Investment Associate Intern
DealGlobe was founded in February 2014 with backing from the UKTI Sirius Programme. Founder Lin Feng’s goal was to use technology to connect Chinese companies with acquisition and investment opportunities globally. DealGlobe’s technology platform, DealGlobe Information, was launched in March 2015, immediately attracting significant numbers of Chinese listed companies, privately owned businesses, and private equity and venture capital firms interested in accessing foreign investment opportunities.
In response to the deal flow generated, in June 2015 DealGlobe established its advisory business. Led by senior bankers from both Chinese and Western institutions, DealGlobe Advisory provides a full suite of M&A and capital raising advisory services to support DealGlobe’s clients in China and abroad.
From November 2017, DealGlobe has invested capital alongside its clients as a way to strengthen alignment and participate in upside from fast-growing companies. DealGlobe’s principal investing arm is dedicated to creating efficient structures which allow its Chinese clients to invest in the most compelling global opportunities.
DealGlobe’s three segments - Information, Advisory and Capital - work together to facilitate and capitalise on the rise of China in global M&A. Chinese companies are now an established force in the global M&A market. As they gain experience and domestic regulation is refined, China cross-border M&A values are expected to grow rapidly to reflect China’s position as the second largest economy in the world. DealGlobe’s mission is to facilitate this growth as an information provider, a financial advisor, and an investor in China cross-border deals.
- Support senior team members on deal sourcing efforts
- Conduct market research utilizing publicly available information and databases
- Take a significant role in the execution of domestic and cross-border investments and M&A transactions, including preparation and review of deal materials and term sheets, day-to-day counter-party interactions, roadshow organisation, coordination of advisors, and other tasks as required
- Create and review of financial models, including LBO models
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and quality of presentations and documentations
- Be prepared to respond quickly to urgent matters on live transactions or other high-priority deal situations outside of normal working hours
- Mentor junior team members and assist them in their development
- Build relationships with colleagues in other DealGlobe offices and provide support to them as required
- 3-4 years minimum in IBD, PE, Financial Advisory, Corporate Finance or Management Consulting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a numerate discipline from a top tier university, MBA is preferred
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Mandarin Chinese
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong M&A deal experience
- Ability to multitask under pressure whilst preserving attention to detail
- Strong communication, research, commercial awareness and financial modelling skills
- High motivation and excellent work ethic
- Ability to have a well-reasoned independent view and contribute ideas to strategic discussions
- Willingness to operate in a highly entrepreneurial environment, where work may be less structured than in larger organisations, and greater emphasis is placed on proactivity and independent work
- Experience of Capital IQ, Mergermarket and Bloomberg beneificial
Please send your CV to email@example.com, briefly explaining why you are appropriate for the role and stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants. Please note that DealGlobe cannot offer visa sponsorship.