DealGlobe was founded in February 2014 with backing from the UKTI Sirius Programme. Founder Lin Feng’s goal was to use technology to connect Chinese companies with acquisition and investment opportunities globally. DealGlobe’s technology platform, DealGlobe Information, was launched in March 2015, immediately attracting significant numbers of Chinese listed companies, privately owned businesses, and private equity and venture capital firms interested in accessing foreign investment opportunities.
In response to the deal flow generated, in June 2015 DealGlobe established its advisory business. Led by senior bankers from both Chinese and Western institutions, DealGlobe Advisory provides a full suite of M&A and capital raising advisory services to support DealGlobe’s clients in China and abroad.
From November 2017, DealGlobe has invested capital alongside its clients as a way to strengthen alignment and participate in upside from fast-growing companies. DealGlobe’s principal investing arm is dedicated to creating efficient structures which allow its Chinese clients to invest in the most compelling global opportunities.
DealGlobe’s three segments - Information, Advisory and Capital - work together to facilitate and capitalise on the rise of China in global M&A. Chinese companies are now an established force in the global M&A market. As they gain experience and domestic regulation is refined, China cross-border M&A values are expected to grow rapidly to reflect China’s position as the second largest economy in the world. DealGlobe’s mission is to facilitate this growth as an information provider, a financial advisor, and an investor in China cross-border deals.
About the position
Internships at DealGlobe last for 3 - 6 months and are designed for students and recent graduates interested in pursuing a career in cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions. Through on-the-job training, our interns gain valuable industry experience as well as a unique look into our core businesses.
Interns at DealGlobe work on their day-to-day responsibilities with support from colleagues serving as both instructors and mentors. Interns engage with senior bankers, build ground skills in financial analysis, accounting and valuation, while working on a wide range of cross-border transactions. Our internships are currently available in London.
- Gather and synthesise financial and operating information about companies, industries and governments
- Create and update financial models
- Gather market data to analyse trends and help value transactions
- Draft presentations for a wider audience within the Firm and the financial services industry
- Attend team discussions and client meetings, where interns may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation
- Understand valuation methodologies and applications, supported by strong financial and computer skills
- Strong analytical abilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with the entire team
- Commitment, team-oriented mindset, strong work ethic and willingness to work hard to achieve the highest standards of performance
- Fluency in English
- Ability to communicate effectively in Mandarin.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, briefly explaining why you are appropriate for the role and stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants. Please note that DealGlobe cannot offer visa sponsorship.